Tuesday, August 22, 2017

#blog - Remember #mightyno9 ?

So today I received a strange box in the mail.
I didn't remember having incoming orders right now..?
What’s this huge cardboard and this small box doing in there?
To the trash with you piece of garbage.
What’s this..?
“Having trouble installing MN9....”?
As in... Mighty No9????

Holy moley...
... It is! It is my physical copy of Mighty no 9!! I actually forgot I upgraded my tier for the physical copy! Specially since I’ve been playing it thanks to the steam release I got from the same tier.
They sure did take their sweet time, didn’t they? Add that to the collective internet outrage for this game.
Me personally? I’m fine with the game as it is. It’s not great, but I don’t find it that bad.
Specially with me winning one of their many contests and featuring one of my robot designs in the game! (totally not objective because of that)
I finally received the first thing I ever kickstarted on kickstarter! I know.. we all know. It was a bumpy ride...
But wait... what was that cardboard piece again?

It contains something inside..?
The NES-styled box and the manual!! What the... couldn’t they better indicate it!! I truly almost threw that out!!!
And I can put the manual in there! Because I wasn’t a weaboo and I chose the US/EUR-styled NES box to go along my actual NES games!
My only complaint is that it’s a real NES box. Meaning it has actual NES size and I can’t put the DVD-style PC case in there, collector edition-style.
And here’s the NES cardboard box, official kickstarter physical release and my own fanmade custom box I made once I got the steam key (as per usual):
Which one do you prefer?
With that many physical copies of Mighty no 9 in my library.. it’s like I’m a huge Mighty no 9 fanboy... Goddammit!!!
At least I can use the NES-styled box to store my boxless Mega Man 3 copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment